Thursday, July 1, 2021

Gizmo, a survivor

On May 27, on my way to work, I saw a baby kitten with a beautiful red collar standing next to a garage gate. I thought it was so cute I couldn't help staring. However, as I came closer, I realised that there was no necklace. It was actually a trail of blood around the little one's neck. I was so distressed I needed to call my husband to help me. As I was about to miss the bus to school and he had the day off, he took charge of the bloody little thing and took him to the vet. We had to leave him there until the afternoon. I was suffering for the kitten as I didn't know if he will able to survive. Later that day, we went to the vet. The kitten was safe and sound and we took him home. We were  advised to keep him for three or four days. He was healing from a severe attack from another cat, apparently. But, oh, he was so cute! Really? Only for a few days? That was not negotiable. I had already decided to keep him from the very moment I saw the tiny dearie. 

He was named Gizmo after the film Gremlins, and he stayed with us for good. We healed his wounds and gave him a happy home. He started to gain weight, but suffered from several colds and also had a hernia. Soon enough, he will go under surgery to be sterilised and cured from that hernia he has. 

Gizmo is definitely a leader. He rules over Kitty and Rubius, ha ha, and he is the master of the house. At the moment, he is all energy. He runs, plays and even bites the other members of our animal family. We feel very blessed to have him. 

Before








After








Now











5 comments:

  1. Ohhh, it's so cute.
    I'm happy because Gizmo now was adoptet in your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. He's such a piece of work now, ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello teacher, It's me, Daria... I'm really sorry about last days at school. I try to participate at maximum... I'm sorry another time 😔😔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, sweetie. Don't worry about it. You are an amazing student. Besides, you were the first to raise your hand to take the test last Thursday. Moreover, you spoke a great deal in our outing looking for pets.
      I am very proud of you. You are a magnificent student and person.
      Kind regards.

      Delete

Total Pageviews